Sunday, April 4, 2010

Vegetables in spring 2010

This year, we had above average rain. Which means, the garden was filled with vegetables -

Green peas














Shelled by my 5 year old daughter. She absolutely loves them
















Fava beans-

This year, the extra rain has been a blessing for these beans
















More fava beans -
















I mix flowers and vegetables in the garden.
Snapdragon peeking through fava beans.















Blue Bell

















Cauliflowers

Grown from seeds, this cauliflower(snow white) is now ready for harvest -
















More cauliflowers are hidden behind the fava "hedge" -
















Turnips

Surprisingly, my turnips are very mild in taste but the daikons taste like like wasabi.






























Turnips are ready to pick.
















More greens

Cilantro and red long radishes















Leeks grown from seeds that I saved last year from a leek in my garden. I transplanted several of them. These are my project for next week.
















My nursery

Seedlings purchased from home Depot along with the ones I grew from seeds. These plants will be incubated in my nursery until they are mature enough to survive slugs/snails












No comments:

Post a Comment